Hair Transplant with FUE
FUE (follicular unit excision) is a hair follicle transplant surgery that does not leave linear scars, require a haircut and result in the extended convalescence period. This technique involves the use of a special extraction tool that has a very small, and sharp head like a pen (0.6 to 1 mm) to extract and pulls out healthy hair shafts and follicles from occipital area and implant into the desired area. The wounds resulting from FUE graft extraction will be dotted as minuscule scars, which are not evident, even when covered by short hair.
Hair Loss, Hair Thinning & Baldness
The American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS) is a universally recognised organisation that provides certification for hair restoration surgery for physicians worldwide. To date, of all board members, 12 of them are Thai, including Dr. Aphakorn Laochunsuwan (Dr. Emily), a hair transplant specialist at Medihair.
After obtaining a Degree in Medicine from Siriraj, Mahidol University, Dr.Emily pursued a medical specialisation in hair transplant as she was determined to alleviate the afflictions arising from hair loss, hair thinning and baldness. These three conditions result from premature hair fall where each fall reduces the size and shortens the life cycle of the new hair.
As a consequence, hair is miniaturised and becomes thinner. Hair follicles start to gradually delay their hair replacement cycle, which is caused by conditions such as dihydrotestosterone hormone (DHT), high level of stress, illness, certain physical disorders or use of products that adversely affect the scalp.
However, a substantial number of cases have proven that hair loss can be treated effectively by permanent hair restoration surgery. At Medihair, Dr. Emily and her team will help patients personalise a new “hairline” to correct the imbalance between facial structure and receding hairline areas, making it look more natural and beneficial. Given that a wide variety of humans’ facial shape, gender and age affect the shape and density of hairline, a new hairline must therefore be personalised to compliment the facial structure of individual patients.
MEDI FUE Technique
At present, FUE is the most commonly used hair transplant technique as it does not leave visible scars on the scalp like FUT. Additional benefits of FUE include:
- The patients can wear short hair at the back of the head without any concern about the visibility of the scars .
- FUE reduces the chance of complications from surgery such as the possibility of cutting vessels , or nerves in the occipital region.
- Unlike FUT, FUE does not involve a long excision at the back and is, therefore, much less painful.
- The convalescence period is between 3-5 days where the wounds will heal themselves. The fact that suture is not required after surgery eliminates the necessity for the patients to visit the clinic again for stich removal.
- The doctors are able to carefully examine the conditions of the hair and select only the healthy ones with an appropriate size to implant . For instance, small-sized hair can be used to grow a new hairline or to perform eyebrow transplant.
- FUE also allows the doctor to identify and select hair with desired colours and implant it in the desired parts of the body. For instance, completely dark hair can be picked out meticulously for eyebrow transplant or even moustache and chest hair can also be used for hair transplant.
Why Medi Hair Clinic?
- Consultation, treatment, surgery and post-operative care are conducted by a team of medical professionals certified by American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS), which is an internationally recognised body specialising in hair transplant.
- In addition to offering the most appropriate treatments, our doctors also specialise in hairline design to suit facial structure of individual patients.
- At Medi Hair Clinic, technologically advanced equipment is utilised to ensure the most effective treatment.
- Our team of medical professionals provide both medical treatments and mental support to all patients with the highest degree of sincerity and care to make sure the most desirable result is achieved.